A guide to comprehensive, customized, cutting-edge, and high-quality restorative dentistry services
You are never too young to benefit from dentistry. And likewise, you are never too old to have a stunning, complete, and healthy smile. At Strongsville Smile Keepers, we treat individuals of all ages throughout the Brunswick, Brecksville, North Royalton, Brook Park, Parma Heights, Middleburg Heights, and Parma areas of northern Ohio.
What cannot be protected with preventative dentistry can be preserved with high-quality restorative dentistry.
Options to rebuild tooth structure
Many oral conditions, including dental decay and gum disease, can be avoided with professional preventative services and good oral care at home. We can also prevent the need for restorative care with adjustments to home care and services like fluoride supplements to remineralize eroded teeth. However, damage that results in lost or deteriorated tooth structure calls for dental restorations.
Depending on your needs and the extent of fractures, decay, or trauma, we may recommend one or a combination of the following treatments:
- Dental fillings to “fill in” holes or cavities caused by tooth decay
- Dental inlays to repair larger cavities
- Dental onlays or partial crowns for more extensive decay to the chewing surfaces of the teeth and at least one tip or cusp of the tooth
- Full dental crowns to cover up and restore the white part of the tooth above the gums (we offer same-day crowns!)
- Root canal therapy to preserve deeply inflamed and severely decayed teeth
Even some cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as porcelain veneers, may be applied to help to strengthen weakened enamel and to prevent root exposure. Exposed roots make teeth vulnerable to decay.
Options to replace teeth
While root canal treatment has a very high success rate, it cannot “save” all teeth. Not all badly damaged teeth are candidates for RCT. Likewise, some treated teeth never heal and suffer from persistent infections. In these and other cases, we recommend prompt replacement of the irreparably damaged tooth.
Dr. Gaebelein is equipped to offer all sorts of precision, conventional and advanced prosthetics to replace lost or failing teeth. These alternatives include:
- Dental bridges to replace one or a few teeth among those with healthy, remaining teeth (we offer same-day bridges!)
- Conventional “partials” (partial dentures)
- Traditional full or complete dentures
- Implant-supported crowns and bridges
- Implant-supported dentures (“overdentures”)
With so many options for restorative care at our office in Strongsville, OH, we have many factors to consider when arriving at the best option for you and your situation. It is also important to know that Strongsville Smile Keepers is adept at restorative care for other oral tissues and structures, including repairing and regenerating the gummy tissues surrounding and supporting your teeth! Call (440) 508-4080 with questions and to schedule your appointment today.