Quality, comprehensive dental care for the entire family and for the health of the “whole you”
General dentistry naturally supports your smile’s aesthetics, function, structure, and health. Yet, the comprehensive and cutting-edge capabilities available at Strongsville Smile Keepers in Strongsville, Ohio, are also all about supporting the healthy function of your whole self, which adds up to lasting well-being and a good quality of life.
Led by our dentist, Dr. Matthew Gaebelein, our team intimately understands, appreciates, and incorporates the oral-overall connection. The “oral cavity” (mouth) is not an island. The ability to enjoy food and to get the nutrients and variety of foods that we need to optimally fuel our bodies depends on the condition of our teeth and supportive tissues. Similarly, the harmful oral bacteria and inflammation associated with conditions like advanced periodontal disease can travel and spread to other parts of the face, head, neck, and body. When we protect the teeth, gums, and mouth from threats like dental decay, oral cancer, and gum disease, our team also keeps the “rest of you” (your whole “system”) going strong.
“Wellness” visits at the dentist’s office
The closest thing dental practices have to an annual “well” visit at the GP’s office is the six-month dental “check-up.” Ideally, these visits start when patients are still in their infancy. That way, we can get pediatric patients accustomed to and comfortable with our office and team.
Furthermore, we provide essential insights for parents on how to care for developing teeth. Eventually, children will get into the pattern of dental exams and professional cleanings scheduled once every six months.
For patients who smoke, use tobacco, or have other risk factors for oral problems such as cancer, Dr. Gaebelein will want to check your mouth more regularly. Remember: Most oral problems are “silent” in their earliest stages. You may think your mouth is fine because your teeth and gums look and feel OK. By the time you experience pain, swelling, or bleeding, it may be too late. Damage may already have been done.
Depending on what Dr. Gaebelein finds during his exam and with his use of advanced diagnostic imaging, additional treatment may be recommended to resolve active gum disease, decay, and other problems. These services include:
- Fluoride supplementation to remineralize eroded teeth
- Dental sealants to prevent small cavities from spreading (notably, they protect decay-prone back teeth from developing cavities in the first place!)
- Scaling and root planing, a “deep cleaning” for the gums to resolve gingivitis or mild periodontitis
- Dental fillings to repair cavities
- Dental inlays and onlays to repair larger cavities and more significant decay, which cannot be ideally resolved with common fillings
- Full crowns, a versatile treatment for everything from cracks to deep inflammation (we offer “teeth in a day” service!)
- Root canal therapy to “save” severely decayed teeth
- Orthodontic treatments, from Fastbraces® to clear aligner therapy like SureSmile®
- Tooth replacement with dental bridges (here, too, we can make bridges while you wait) and with removable “partials” and full dentures
- “Gold standard” tooth replacement with dental implants (implant-supported crowns, bridges, and “overdentures”)
- Additional surgical and regenerative services, from dental extractions to gum and bone grafting
- And much more!
Under the “more” category, we appreciate the power of a beautiful smile. For this reason, our cosmetic dentistry services range from stunning porcelain veneers to affordable professional teeth whitening that dramatically boosts your smile appeal. There is sure to be an option to maintain or restore the health and beauty of your or a family member’s smile. Call (440) 508-4080 today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Gaebelein at Strongsville Smile Keepers.